Monday, July 26, 2010
It's been a while since I've had anything to post. I'm enjoying the summer! But I did get a few rainy days to work on more of Lois' project. I have now completed the valances for the living room. I'm hoping she'll send me pics soon. I also completed a table runner, basketweave pillow and basketweave table pad. On the table runner I included contrasting piping. The basketweave pieces were something I wanted to experiment with anyway. I like how they turned out but they are quite labor intensive. Each strip is cut, sewn, turned right side out, pressed, move on to the next one. If I had a cork board weaving them would have been easier since I could have held everything in place with push pins. Pinning each of the overlaps was difficult and then it was harder to make adjustments as you weave the next strip.