Saturday, November 3, 2012

I had to go back to making Nautical Christmas items in time for the upcoming Dear Deer Party. So, I made these 24" square little table toppers. They are just enough to add a bit of holiday spirit to your kitchen island, counter top or table. I hand cut the appliques creating a little sailboat following a North Star and topped it off with a jingle bell. These are placed in opposite corners. To add an even more festive look I wove gold ribbon through the burlap on all four sides.
 

 
Now, in my house, we can not have sailboats as we have a power boat. Since power boats make for a challenging applique, I opted for this little boat which is carting a Christmas tree that is adorned with a jingle bell atop. I added a single snowflake button for effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment