Sunday, March 6, 2011

Simplicity 4096 Issue





I came across something that I wanted to share. I'm having an issue with Simplicity Pattern 4096 Table coverings. On the pattern envelope please notice the striped table topper. You'll also see an image of the actual pattern piece designated with a 3. If your fabric has a vertical stripe in it, I'd argue you can not use that pattern piece because your stripe will become diagonal as you wrap your table. In the image with the longer table topper, I used a straight rectangle and notice the lines in my print remain vertical. In the shorter table topper image I cut the fabric using pattern piece 3 as instructed. Notice those same print lines now run diagonally. So, my suggestion would be to cut a straight rectangle whenever using fabric with a vertical print of any kind. That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment