Monday, July 26, 2010

Project "Lois" Continues





It's been a while since I've had anything to post. I'm enjoying the summer! But I did get a few rainy days to work on more of Lois' project. I have now completed the valances for the living room. I'm hoping she'll send me pics soon. I also completed a table runner, basketweave pillow and basketweave table pad. On the table runner I included contrasting piping. The basketweave pieces were something I wanted to experiment with anyway. I like how they turned out but they are quite labor intensive. Each strip is cut, sewn, turned right side out, pressed, move on to the next one. If I had a cork board weaving them would have been easier since I could have held everything in place with push pins. Pinning each of the overlaps was difficult and then it was harder to make adjustments as you weave the next strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment